Raincoast Salmon Slabs:
Our robust 1 ½" Grilling Slab is made from top notch Western Red Cedar and is great for Fish, Meats and Poultry and Vegetables. Soak the slab in water overnight and use on the BBQ or in your oven to provide a juicier, more tasty meal.
Partly smoked and partly steamed but 100% delicious, your taste buds will thank you for each tasty morsel ! Can be used 15 - 20 times with proper use and cleaning. Hand crafted on the slopes of the Coast Mountains in beautiful North Vancouver, B.C.
604-986-8649 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
(click CONTACT on the side bar)
$15 - 9.5" x 9.5"
$18 - 12" x 9.5"
$22 - 14" x 9.5"
$35 - 22.5" x 9.5"
A Simple Recipe for Grilling Slab Smoked Salmon or Trout
- Soak your slab in water overnight or at least 6 hours. The longer you soak your slab, the more uses you will get out of it.
- Catch 4 to 6 fish steaks or filets from the water or your local market, depending on your skills.
- Rub a splash of olive oil on the smooth side of your slab, lay down the fish, then spice to taste with your favorite selection of ingredients such as: dill, cajun, herbs, salt and pepper or pre-mixed fish spices. Let your imagination go wild!!
- Place on pre-heated BBQ grid at medium temperature (or in an oven at 350 or so)
- Close the lid of your BBQ (or oven) and monitor for 15 to 20 minutes. Times vary greatly!!
NOTE: The Slab will start to smolder and smoke will fill the inside of your BBQ. Do not panic! This is supposed to happen! Keep a spray bottle of water nearby to quell any big flare-ups. DO NOT LEAVE THE BBQ UNATTENDED.
- You are ready to enjoy your catch once the flesh is flaky, depending on your preference.
- To clean, scrape off any solids and scrub with generous amounts of lemon juice and salt. Let it air dry and store in an open plastic bag or re-soak it and keep it in the freezer so it's always ready to go)
- Now that you're an expert, try some other delicacies on your slab!! (Google "grilling plank recipe" for more)